Perfect part time work for pet lovers!
If interested in a position, please read all of this information carefully! Serious inquiries only.
Working for Sit n' Stay
We are a full service in-home pet care company with over 1200 clients in the Western New York area.
We provide many types of services which fall in 2 main categories:
- Midday Dog Walking & Manners Walks: training and walking dogs for manners, physical and mental exercise and potty breaks
- Dog Training: training dogs through group classes, privates lessons, and online programs
Are you looking for a job that will be fun, rewarding, and put extra money in your pocket? SNS might be right for you. But it takes much more than a love of animals to be a part of Sit n' Stay!
Our staff are reliable, dependable, and are able to see a project through to completion. Our clients rely on us to care for their pets and home when they can’t be there, and we must hire staff who take this job seriously.
Candidates must commit to a minimum of six months employment; if you are anticipating a move out of the area, are planning to go back to school, or will be seeking a full time job soon, this probably is not the job for you. We want employees committed to the job, who see it as a long-term option for income.
All positions have these requirements:
- you have an insured and reliable car and a valid driver’s license
- you can pass a criminal background check and reference checks
- you have home internet access and a cell phone
- you must be at least 21 years old
- you can commit to working with Sit ‘n Stay for at least the next 6 months
Sit n' Stay is currently hiring for the following part time positions:
♥ Dog School Enrichment Counselor
This is a part-time role based out of our Dog School in Orchard Park. We are looking for a responsible and self-motivated dog lover for a hands-on role providing enrichment and ensuring safety of our Dog School dogs. Previous animal care experience is not required. We are willing to train the right person!
Requirements for the Dog School Enrichment Counselor role:
A love for dogs!
Commitment to force free, positive reinforcement training methods
Self-motivated, independent worker
Proven ability to follow instructions and desire to learn new things
Ability to work successfully in a team environment
♥ Dog Walkers
This is a part-time, “supplemental income” type of job to start (2-5 walks per week with more walks possible as business increases).
Requirements for the mid-day dog walking position:
- Must be available between the midday hours of 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Love dogs and are familiar with at least several collar and harness types
- Willing to take part in volunteer and paid training
- Have a mindset of positive, reinforcement training
- Live within Erie or Niagara County and have flexibility in your schedule
- Strong ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to both drive and walk in all kinds of weather conditions
As we work when our clients need us, we do not offer typical job “shifts”. You will not be working a 4-8 hour shift on set days. You will perform 20-60 minute visits as designated by each client, and thus you must be available when the client needs. We cannot offer a set number of hours per week; minimum availability is listed below each job description below.
We service most of the Western New York area. When a new client calls, we decide which staff member would be most appropriate for the job, and assign the job to them. If that ends up being you, you become their ongoing walker, and you will be called each time they rebook. With dog walking clients, we try to keep you within a designated area to concentrate your visits and make the most of your time! You must live in or near the areas we need service.
Please note: If you have children, they will not be allowed to accompany you on walks/visits. In addition, family, friends, and personal pets are also not allowed to accompany you on walks/visits.
Thank you for your interest, click here to apply!
Either in your application or in a separate email (sent to [email protected]), tell us: why you want to work for Sit n' Stay, explain your animal experience, and provide any other information that would be helpful for us to know while considering you!
Please do not send us your resume without sending your application. We will only be considering candidates who fill out an employment application packet.
**PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT EMPLOYMENT.**